- 2 sticks (8 ounces) butter (or ghee or even soy 'butter')
- 2 cups flour -- I prefer 1/2 coconut and 1/2 chestnut flour, almond flour would work well too, or a mix of 2/3 rice flour, 2/3 tapioca flour, and 2/3 potato starch
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar (or granulated sugar food processed really fine)
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups sugar (or 1 2/3 cups agave or honey)
- 4 tablespoons flour (use whatever you used previously)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- fresh blueberries
- sifted confectioners' sugar
Preparation:Heat oven to 325°. Blend butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar.
Pat into ungreased, but parchmented, 13x9x2-inch pan.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
For filling, blend together eggs, sugar, 4 tablespoons flour, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
Pour over first layer.
Drop in fresh blueberries, (or puree them and drizzle and swirl into lemon mixture).
Return to oven and bake at 325° for 20 minutes.
Loosen around edges, cut into bars and sift confectioners' sugar over the top while warm.
Images are for illustration only.
Please remember that this recipe is the product of the Benevolent Baker as part of the Benevolent Kitchen – who holds copyright. Please ask permission before utilizing in any manner that can be construed as printed, profit, or professional.