14 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
1 cup ghee
2 2/3 cups sugar
2 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa (not Dutch processed)
1/2 t baking soda
1 cup sorghum flour
1 cup sweet rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
(or 2 1/4 cups GF all purpose flour of your choice)
Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over medium heat in a double boiler -- stop before all the chocolate is melted and let the heat melt the rest -- thus avoiding burning the chocolate
- Mix the eggs, sugar, and vanilla together until blended
- Stir in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Whisk the cocoa, salt, baking soda, and the flours
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined
- Pour the finished batter into the pan
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan on a rack.
Please remember that this recipe is the product of the Benevolent Baker as part of the Benevolent Kitchen – who holds copyright. Please ask permission before utilizing in any manner that can be construed as printed, profit, or professional.