• 8 cups firm tart apples, sliced (or other fruits like plums, pears, peaches, etc.)
• 5 T. honey, warmed and liquefied (or sugar or agave)
• 2 T. lemon juice
• 2/3 cup flour, sifted
• 2 cups uncooked steel cut oats
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 t. salt
• 2 t. ground cinnamon (or to meet your taste, nutmeg, allspice, etc. would all do well)
• 2/3 cup butter, melted (or coconut oil)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a bowl, combine fruit, honey, and lemon juice. Put mixture in a 9” x 12” glass baking pan. Set aside.
In another bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Toss with melted butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
Top apples with oat mixture.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until apples are tender.
Images are for illustration only.
Please remember that this recipe is the product of the Benevolent Baker as part of the Benevolent Kitchen – who holds copyright. Please ask permission before utilizing in any manner that can be construed as printed, profit, or professional.