Did You Know? from The Delicious Life of Holly Pinafore
- Quinoa are the seeds of a grain-like plant known for its high protein content. Not only does it contain calcium and magnesium, but it's a great complex carbohydrate alternative to brown rice. It's high in lysine, an immune-supporting amino acid and vitamin B6, a likely mood booster.
- Onions are packed with anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer properties. They're best for you in the raw form, but cooked onions are great, too.
- Asparagus is high in nutrients and vitamins such as vitamin K, which helps the body absorb calcium.
- Green Bell Peppers help cleanse the liver and may help lower high blood pressure. They contain lots of vitamin A and C as well as potassium.
- Tomatoes are high in lycopene, a cancer-fighting antioxidant.