- 2 sticks (8 ounces) butter (or ghee or even soy 'butter')
- 2 cups flour -- I prefer 1/2 coconut and 1/2 chestnut flour, almond flour would work well too, or a mix of 2/3 rice flour, 2/3 tapioca flour, and 2/3 potato starch
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar (or granulated sugar or granulated honey food processed really fine)
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups sugar (or 1 2/3 cups agave or honey)
- 4 tablespoons flour (use whatever you used previously)
- 1/4 cup peach puree
- 1 Tablespoon citrus juice (lemon, lime, or grapefruit)
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated peel of lemon, lime, or grapefruit
- fresh peach slices
- sifted confectioners' sugar
Preparation:Peel peaches (see how to peel peaches). Cut off flesh and place in food processor. Blend until pureed.
Heat oven to 325°. Blend butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar.
Pat into ungreased, but parchmented, 13x9x2-inch pan.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
For filling, blend together eggs, sugar, 4 tablespoons flour, peach puree, and citrus peel.
Drop in fresh peach slices.
Return to oven and bake at 325° for 20 minutes.
Loosen around edges, cut into bars and sift confectioners' sugar over the top while warm.
Images are for illustration only.
Please remember that this recipe is the product of the Benevolent Baker as part of the Benevolent Kitchen – who holds copyright. Please ask permission before utilizing in any manner that can be construed as printed, profit, or professional.