- 6 cups cranberries washed & sorted
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 T Lemon Juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- Boil Cranberries in water till all are burst & soft, remove from heat.
- Keep all liquid!
- Strain and Mash mixture to discard skins/seeds etc.
- Return stuff in the strainer and the liquid to saucepan.
- Add sugar.
- Bring to a full rolling boil. Taste for sweetness and add more sugar. If any more sugar is added after coming to a rolling boil, boil it AGAIN.
- Remove from heat & cool completely.
- Add lemon juice.
- Pour into containers and freeze until an icy slush is reached.
- Remove from freezer, and beat in cream.
- Return to freezer.
- Serve anytime after this point.
Should be served between courses and it’s always good for dessert!